This is an authentic Arab salad dish that is so filling and yummy, you would never want to stop eating it! As an Arab we love to eat variety of salads like tabbouleh and mix with other authentic dishes as well. Depending how much salad you will make you will need more or less ingredients and very easy and affordable!
- 1 – 2 pita bread / tortilla bread cut in squares
- 3 -4 handful cut Spring mix
- 10 Grape tomatoes or 1 Roma tomatoes
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- Feta cheese (optional)
- 4 radishes (optional)
- Pomengrantes (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tsp of summac
- 1 – 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- You fry or baked the pita bread after you have cut them in squares. Cut all the vegetables in halves enough to be able to chew on.
- For the salad dressing you can put all the ingredients in a blender or add everything in a bowl and cut the garlic very small and add it all together in the end.
This salad is so nice to eat with almost anything the pomengrantes just give it that sweet taste and burst of flavor. The feta cheese and radishes can be optional, I just like to add those in my salad as well just all go together. To make it healthier baked the pita bread till it’s crunchy. I hope you enjoy this and if you try to make it make sure to dm/email me a picture of it!
With Love, Fatima x